WHEN IS NEOCON 2023?
Monday, June 12: 9:00AM – 5:00PM
Tuesday, June 13: 9:00AM – 5:00PM
Wednesday, June 14: 9:00AM – 3:00PM
WHERE IS NEOCON HELD?
NeoCon is held annually at Chicago’s Merchandise Mart (THE MART). THE MART features almost 1 million square feet of exhibitor space for the industry’s major manufacturers and emerging companies across categories like furniture, fabrics, flooring, interior building products, interior finishes, and technology.
Each year at NeoCon, a diverse range of design professionals from markets such as Workplace, Healthcare, Hospitality, Retail, Education, Public Space, and Government come together to connect, learn, and conduct business. This includes designers, architects, end-users, manufacturers, dealers, service providers, associations, educators, students, and media.
HOW MANY PEOPLE ATTEND NEOCON?
According to industry reports, NeoCon 2019 was the highest-attended show but there is optimism that NeoCon 2023 will meet or exceed that record.
NeoCon 2022: ~40,000 attendees
NeoCon 2021: ~20,000 attendees
WHAT IS THE THEME FOR NEOCON 2023?
The theme of NeoCon 2023 is “Together We Design.” The theme of unification will be present during the entire three-day show, as the design community gathers to discuss ways to create a positive impact through the built environment and shared spaces.
Whether you’re a first-timer or a seasoned pro, there are plenty of ways to maximize your time at NeoCon! Here are a few of our favorites:
- Get coffee on your walk to the MART. The first-floor Starbucks is wildly crowded on the mornings of the show. And, no, even scheduled mobile pick-up can’t help you.
- There is no right or wrong way to dress, you’ll see everything from suits to hoodies. Just make sure you prioritize comfortable shoes, you’ll be on your feet all day.
- Stay hydrated.
- Have a plan going into the day. As elevators often have long lines, it’s best to see all of one floor before heading to the next. And don’t be afraid to use the freight elevators, they often have a shorter line and can fit more people.
- If you want to beat the crowds and take the stairs, elevator up to the top floor and work your way down. Your legs will thank you.
- There is a coat and luggage check on the first floor.
- If you’re flying into O’Hare, you can save the price of an Uber by taking the Blue Line into the city. Just buy a one-way pass and get off at the Clark/Lake stop.
- Book appointments ahead of time with the manufacturers you want to see! While all showrooms will be open, you’re more likely to speak to a sales/design leader if you schedule a time to talk with the brand ahead of time.
- Take pictures and videos! You may see something you’ll need on a project in 3 months.